Saturday, March 03, 2007

damn...keep trying to paint my nails properly but i cant paint them evenly and sometimes my hands will jolt for no reason while i am painting them... irritating...
suggest that i go for a manicure session rather that i do it myself right?
true... for convenient sake, i should. And the cheapest at bugis village is only 10 bucks. But since i have time to do it myself, why not? thou the output is abit hmm..... yaa... it takes a longer time and as a result cause myself to be frustrated... But i like the process of DIY... haha...and yet i am still grumbling at it... hrmmp... blame it on my skill...

haha...a pic of my nails...and recently, my fingers have rashes so it seem abit rough... sadz...

anyway, i realise that each family have their own culture in celebrating chinese new year.
whether it is the chinese new year decoration, the need to change a new bedsheet, PJ, etc... the way each family greets each other with auspicious words and the exchanging of mandarin orange...etc.

i think i am quite a traditional person when it comes to CNY and other chinese events. i will follow the do's and dont's told by my folks and relatives. Because it is a custom that we gotton past it down to our younger generation. whether they like it or not, they gotton know it. but of course, doing it is another thing.

i went to visit a frenze of mine during CNY and felt rather strange. cuz i was being taught to present the mandarin orange to the elders and they will in turn return me another. so i waited and waited... even when we are leaving her house, her folks didnt return me... so i told my frenze about it. and she said their family culture is like tt... young will give the elder orangeS and in return they will give red packet... not that i am stingy with my orange, just that i am not use to the kind of culture...

anyway, i have some elders who will pass my aunty one whole stack of red packets so that she will take the place of that particular elder to give out red packetS to us. they will also give extra red packetS in case they left out some of my cousin. weird, huh??

some will bring one whole bag of mandarin orangeS for visiting. I think there were about 8 or 10 of orangeS in a bag?? i tot two orangeS is enough?? why so many?? hahaha... one of the elder actually left the orangeS on the table without me knowing and just left... (cuz my parent went for holiday)

weird... weird...there will always be weird things happening during new year... haha
anyway, a picture of the two pregnant women for the year of golden piggy... (my sister and elder cousin)
this is the jade pig that my mum bought from yun nan. one for baby pig and one for my 2nd sis. it is so cute, right??




and lastly, Us... :D
(4th day of CNY)

No comments: